According to ARY News, a 6-day polio campaign will start in Punjab from OCT 26. The preparations for the campaign are in progress. The Chief Secretary Punjab said that he would personally monitor the whole campaign.
Strategy Of The Punjab Polio Campaign
- The campaign will vaccinate a total of 19.4 million children.
- Punjab government will make and follow strategic plans to ensure 100% coverage during the campaign.
21 Sept National Polio Eradication Drive
Earlier, a five-day nationwide polio eradication campaign started on 21 September 2020.
Below are the achievements of this campaign:
- The drive achieved 85%of its set target in its first three days.
- It vaccinated 30.4/ 40.16 million children till 24 Sept.
- More precisely, it vaccinated 1.82 million children in Punjab, 74,80000 in Sindh, 57,20000 in KPK and 15,55,489 children in Baluchistan.
- In addition, it vaccinated 2,68,139 children in Islamabad, 2,20,586 in Gilgit Baltistan and 6,34,633 in AJK.
Throughout the whole campaign, strict SOP’s will be followed against Covid-19.
The poliovirus is greatly dangerous and infectious. It causes paralysis. It enters your body through your mouth. The virus gets multiplying in your intestines. Its incubation period is normally 7 to 14 days. Some times it varies from 4 to 35 days.