The government of Punjab has approved to upgrade the Institute of Child Health to the University of Child Health Sciences level.
A cabinet meeting was held on Monday under the Chief Minister, Usman Buzdar. The meeting took this decision keeping in mind the challenges related to the health of mothers and children.
Details Of Punjab Child Health University:
Special Assistant to CM on Information, Dr. Firdous Ashiq Awan shared the following details:
It will have three schools including :
- The School of Postgraduate Nursing
- The School of Allied Medical Sciences
- And the School of Paediatrics
Why This Move?
- With this move, the institution will able to collaborate with other international universities. This will greatly help the institution to improve mother-child health by taking benefits from their skills.
- It will provide more capacity-building opportunities to the doctors, nurses, and paramedical staff.
- Also, the institution will extend its services especially to the rural areas of Punjab.
The cabinet has also approved to change the names of government degree colleges. New names are ‘associate degree colleges’ and ‘graduate colleges.’
Further, the admissions of BA/BSc and MA/MSc programs will close from January 1.
The meeting approved to bring the Punjab Overseas Pakistanis Act, 2014 into effect again. Also, it approved the amendments to the act.